Friday, March 30, 2012

Renaming a system (host) after MSDE is installed

Should this be an issue?
My system was working fine before I renamed my system (host), but since
I have renamed it, my application is working from a remote system. From
the local system (the machine where the MSDE is running) the app is
working fine.
Any ideas?
- manzoor
With MSDE 2000, if you rename the host then the name of the SQL Server will
follow the name of the host. Make sure your remote client is connection to
the new name.
Jim
"Manzoorul Hassan" <manzoorul.hassan@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1105393521.649255.134690@.c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> Should this be an issue?
> My system was working fine before I renamed my system (host), but since
> I have renamed it, my application is working from a remote system. From
> the local system (the machine where the MSDE is running) the app is
> working fine.
> Any ideas?
> - manzoor
>
|||Yeap, it's working fine now. Even though I am not doing anything
different. I had expected teh new name to be required and was trying to
use it initially. Maybe it has something to do with using DHCP, but I'm
not sure.
Anyway, I realy do appreciate your reposnse.
- manzoor

No comments:

Post a Comment