Friday, March 30, 2012

Renaming a SQL2005 - Unable to connect to RS from Management Studi

We have several 2005 boxes that have been renamed. RS works fine from a
browser and I can deplopy reports to it and see it with the config manager.
What I can't do is reference it from Management Studio. On the one box that
I restarted after sp_drop and sp_add, a message box pops up referring to the
old name. on the other box, niether the old name no the new name are found.
Where does the Studio get these names?For anyone who cares, I had to chnge the rsreportserver.config file. It was
referencing the old server names in the ulrroot section. This also impacted
the SAC tool's ability to manage the rs instance.
"Jeff Ericson" wrote:
> We have several 2005 boxes that have been renamed. RS works fine from a
> browser and I can deplopy reports to it and see it with the config manager.
> What I can't do is reference it from Management Studio. On the one box that
> I restarted after sp_drop and sp_add, a message box pops up referring to the
> old name. on the other box, niether the old name no the new name are found.
> Where does the Studio get these names?

No comments:

Post a Comment