Wednesday, March 28, 2012

renamed server

does anyone have a suggestion for this problem: somewhere along the line, my database server changed names and now I have jobs I cannot delete out of the Agent. Can I go to the table the jobs are in (msdb.sysjobs) and just delete the ones not belonging t
o this server?
You need to update the originating_server column in sysjobs to reflect the
new server name, You can use this proc to do that
http://sqldev.net/download/sqlagent/...ent_rename.sql
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org
"rich" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:437DE682-C216-4327-B318-85F47F64CD56@.microsoft.com...
> does anyone have a suggestion for this problem: somewhere along the line,
my database server changed names and now I have jobs I cannot delete out of
the Agent. Can I go to the table the jobs are in (msdb.sysjobs) and just
delete the ones not belonging to this server?
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment