Friday, March 30, 2012

Renaming Database

I got an MSSQL database which I'm trying to export to MySQL using DTS, the name of the database is MyDatabase.com and when I try to export the tables I get the following error:

Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Error Description: Unspecified error
Could not find server 'MyDatabase.com' in sysservers. Execute sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sysservers.

Context: Error calling GetRowset to get DBSCHEMA_TABLES schema info. Your provider does not support all the schema required by DTS.

My guess is that since the database name ends with .com DTS is thinking that it's a server and not a db..... I got 2 databases that end with .com and a few others that don't, if I try to export any of the ones that end with .com I get the same error, but if I try to export another one it works just fine... My question is, is there any way I can rename the database to something else or is there any other way around this problem..?

Thanks in advance,
Fernansp_renamedb will rename a database.

Have you tried [MyDatabase.com]sql

No comments:

Post a Comment