Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Renaming a file with File System task

I'm having trouble working this out in SSIS. I am trying to use a File System task to rename a file using an expression so that file.zip will be renamed to filemmyy.zip at the end of every month (for instance this month would be file0506.zip).

I am using the destination expression variable. But I'm not sure what to put for DestinationConnection. It seems to want a file name, but the file name is going to be variable, so I'm not sure what to put.

Any ideas?

If you change the IsDestinationPathVariable to be True, then DestinationConnection expects a variable. Select the variable created previously that has the expression on it.|||

What would the variable be called? Under the expressions part of the File System Task editor I have Destination and the expression is "TestExpression.txt".

So would my variable be User::Destination, or something else?

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment